2 April 2013

My Bedroom

I thought that since I've done a "catch-up" post and told you all about what I've done/seen since arriving in Spain, that I should probably show you all my little patch of Earth (i.e. my bedroom). I'd show you the whole apartment but we have wonky walls and pokey hallways so it's hard to get a well-angled picture of anywhere; I even really struggled getting the full shot of my bed area below. Anyway, enjoy the photographs. But especially enjoy them because moments after taking the balcony one I put my hand/arse through the window and had to cover it up with a bin bag. It's a good job we have a really sweet landlord who, when I went downstairs on Easter Sunday all flustered and almost crying, told me to calm down and that his insurance covers it so that I won't have to pay anything/lose any of my deposit. Amazing!

This is my photo wall which includes (no particular order, I'm too lazy): a scratch-it travel map, postcards from Barcelona, photographs of my nearest and dearest (including one of my Nana and Granda on my Dad's side when they were young!), a bottle opener from Zadar, Croatia, an absinthe postcard (because why not?), a flyer from a graffiti exhibition, a "goodbye" postcard from my friend Carmen in Aix, a poster for a theatre production that I saw with my French landlady, some cool postcards from a museum I went to with her, too, and a flyer from a photography exhibition showing the work of Alberto GarcĂ­a-Alix (his work is very moving and inspiring - take a look at it! Although don't if you're under 16...) 

I still need to get some photographs of people who are missing. I think when I go home next week it'll definitely be time to raid Patricia Renwick's photo tin again.
What are your "home-from-homes" like? 
(Or even your home-at-home - I love seeing people's bedrooms!)
xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love your photo wall, especially the scratch-it map...For me the very important thing in my room is a corkboard - I keep precious photos, postcards, tiny memorabilia on it, it's right next to my desk so everytime I need to cheer myself up, I can look up...and I feel much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cork board is a great idea! I may have to find/make one when I eventually move home again. That's why I have a photo/memory wall - so I can look over to it and feel like my "real home" isn't too far away! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete